Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Reaction to Westminster's Robotics Rookie All Star Win

I really enjoyed watching the robotics competition. My mom and I were sitting behind "1533-Triple Strange Team" with metallic orange capes, who were rooting for the blue alliance. (Which I later learned in match 49, that Westminster was a part of.)

The thing that I found the most interesting was robotic design. I noticed that teams went about making the "body" of their robot different shapes. I thought about all the research that must go into creating a sturdy "body" to support your "grabbing" apparatus. After watching our team and one other team with a triangular prism "body", I noticed that it was the most efficient.

I loved our robot's design the best. Not only was it lime green (which is awesome by the way), but it was the FASTEST, most sturdy looking, tallest robot that I saw. The suction used to push down and put up the blue ball was a great idea.

I was really impressed with our team. It takes a lot of talent from VERY smart people to create a robot that successful.
-Elizabeth (9th grade)

No comments: